THROUGH JUNE 13
“I encourage fellow IBD professionals to submit nominations for the 2021 Sherman Prize so that exemplary achievement can continue to be elevated and serve as a source of inspiration to us all.”
Dermot P.B. McGovern, MB BS, D. Phil (Oxon), FRCP (Lon)
Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles, CA
2021 Selection Committee Chair
“The Sherman Prize is an amazing honor and there are many excellent candidates in our field, but no one can come forward if they’re not nominated.”
William J. Sandborn, MD
UC San Diego Health
2019 Sherman Prize Recipient
“Having the Sherman Prize will help me more effectively advocate, and highlight the urgent need that our IBD patients face, particularly those who are underserved … also it allows me to direct some additional support and attention to my patients.”
Lea Ann Chen, MD
NYU School of Medicine & NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue
2016 Sherman Emerging Leader Prize Recipient
“It’s critical to highlight achievement in the field, all the hard work and dedication, because ultimately we are all in this together, improving lives of patients, finding novel therapies and hopefully cures.”
Florian Rieder, MD
2019 Sherman Emerging Leader Prize Recipient
Candidates can be nominated by colleagues, peers, educators, advocates – anyone who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
To nominate, follow these steps:
- Click the ‘Submit a Nomination’ button on the right to be taken to our online nomination application system.
- For First-Time Nominators, you will be asked to create a new account.
- For Returning Nominators, please use your existing email and password. If you cannot recall your personal login credentials, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Once you have logged in, the 2021 Nomination and Renomination Forms can be accessed by clicking ‘Apply’ at the top of the page.
- If you are re-nominating someone from a prior year you may access your former submission(s) by completing a new 2021 Renomination Form to include new updates since the last nomination. Further instructions can be found in the Renomination Forms.
Sign up below to receive updates about the Sherman Prize.