THROUGH JUNE 8
“The Sherman Prize is the highest recognition of the talent and achievements in our field of IBD. We ask members of our IBD community to submit nominations to recognize the exemplary individuals propelling our field forward.”
Maria T. Abreu, MD
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
2022 Selection Committee Chair
2019 Sherman Prize Recipient
“The Sherman Prize is an amazing honor and there are many excellent candidates in our field, but no one can come forward if they’re not nominated.”
William J. Sandborn, MD
UC San Diego Health
2019 Sherman Prize Recipient
“Having the Sherman Prize will help me more effectively advocate, and highlight the urgent need that our IBD patients face, particularly those who are underserved … also it allows me to direct some additional support and attention to my patients.”
Lea Ann Chen, MD
NYU School of Medicine & NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue
2016 Sherman Emerging Leader Prize Recipient
“Identifying, honoring, and supporting the innovators who have devoted their careers to helping those who suffer from Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis is critically important. Doing so elevates their work and inspires others to excel, which is why the Sherman Prize is so meaningful and such a tremendous service to the IBD community.”
David T. Rubin, MD, FACG, AGAF, FACP, FASGE, FRCP (Edinburgh)
University of Chicago Medicine
2020 Sherman Prize Recipient
“The experience of being recognized in the same group as peers and colleagues who I have admired, respected, and learned from, was one I will never forget. In creating the Sherman Prizes, the Sherman family has continued to inspire creativity and innovation in our field.”
Edward L. Barnes, MD, MPH
University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill
2021 Sherman Emerging Leader Prize Recipient
Candidates can be nominated by colleagues, peers, educators, advocates – anyone who can attest to the candidate’s qualifications. Nominators may submit multiple applications. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
This year the nomination forms have been redesigned to streamline the process and improve the nominator experience.
To nominate, follow these steps:
- Click the “Submit a Nomination“ button on the right to be taken to our online nomination application system.
- For First-Time Nominators, you will be asked to create a new account.
- For Returning Nominators, please use your existing email and password. If you cannot recall your personal login credentials, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Once you have logged in, the 2022 Nomination and Renomination Forms can be accessed by clicking ‘Apply‘ at the top of the page.
- Select the appropriate nomination form and complete the fields as fully as possible. You may access your applications as many times as you require before submitting them.
Sign up below to receive updates about the Sherman Prize.